Saturday, November 04, 2006

Washington DC, 1st November









So, I had 1 day (2 nights) In DC. After arriving late, I fortified myself for the busy day ahead with a few locally brewed lagers at the Capital Brewing Company. An early start was required as I had to remove my van from th street before the parking restrictions started at 7am. Luckily there was a parking garage nearby - $15 to leave it there untill 7am the following day. A bargain!

My tour of the Capital's monuments was a walking marathon - but an an incredibly interesting marathon starting at 1600 Pennsylvania avenue - the President's address. (See one of his neighbours above on the left - she and her friend have been camped outside the gates of the Whitehouse since the 1980's). There wasn't alot of obvious security that I could see, but I decided not to lob my backpack over the (relatively small) fence as someone had done the day before as it resulted in a lockdown of the place for several hours & made the national news.

No comments: