Friday, November 17, 2006

Leaving Las Vegas ... 15th Nov


After the best breakfast buffet I've ever experienced, ... & a massage at the TI's spa I was all set to head off & resume the road trip. Not long to go now ... Vegas is about 575 mile from San Francisco & my flight back to NZ.

I'd always wanted to see the giant Sequoias - so I headed in their direction via Death Valley National Park. The Death Valley landscape was like nothing else - an amazing backdrop as I trundled through just as the sun was getting low and was casting that eerie dusk light onto the earth.
Getting into the Sequoia National Park proved to be a bit of a task late at night as I had to drive right around to the western side -there are no roads entering it from the east. My original plan of crashing in the back of the van in the park was eventually foiled (I was going to park in an orchard at 11pm, but I though better of it) - I found a cheap motel in Exeter, California & succombed to sleep.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SDB. It's tought to leave Vegas huh. Well it would be if u had a never ending ATM machine. Enjoying your blog. Any charging going on?

Anonymous said...

Great Pics, did you get the pistols through NZ customs?

Anonymous said...

Mr Bunce - I found Vegas fascinating! Even without the charge!

Murrold - I considered an intricately carved silver replica civil war colt 45, but in the end didn't have time to be bothered with the hassle of bringing it into NZ.

SDB