Thursday, November 09, 2006

Memphis - Conway, Arkansas 6-7 Nov

I crossed a milestone after leaving Graceland - I went back over the Mississippi into Arkansas. I last went over the river exactly a month ago - West to East in Minnesota-Wisconsin. Seems like an age ago. Now I'm on my final run ...heading west again.

I spent the night in Conway, Arkaksas - interesting little town ... several images of Toads around the place with references to Toad Sucking. Still not sure what that means ...

Fall colours -all the reds & shades of yellow were out in spendour right until it got dark, whenI arrived in Oklahoma city. I have to be in Vegas for the weekend - got places booked, so I'm clocking up alot of miles at the moment ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toad Sucking.

The slime on the toads there has hallucinogenic properties, give them a good licking and you're outofit!

Surprised you didn't know that SDB

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I did know that ... i not sure if that was what it was all about ... I mean this seemed a small conservative town ... and the toad suck imagery was all over it - a mural painted on the main intersection, statues, a shop front entirely dedicated to it ... I mean it was a family show!

SDB