Saturday, November 11, 2006

Another BIG drive ...9th Nov





Wow. Didn't leave Taos till the afternoon ... is a cool place to hang out. Headed out amongst some awesome desert landscsapes until it got dark. I then left New Mexico into the Navajo Nation Indian Reservation. A bit spooky at night ... just me, the road & the stars - plus the occasional lonely old pickup truck. The towns of Kayenta & Tuba city shone out like beacons in the distance amongst all the dark night. They were strange, quiet affairs when I passed through them tho ... got some Burger King at Tuba city (where there is a display on the WWII Navajo code talkers - funny place for an important exhibit like that).

I ended up driving LATE into the Grand Canyon National Park - the moonlight illuminating the canyon. Crashed out in the back of my van near the Canyon village ... a fairly cold night. Got some sleep in tho!

No comments: