Monday, October 16, 2006

The Truth is out there ...15th Oct

The Revolutioner War re-enactment at Cantigny Park just down the road from Wheaton was pretty cool. Decked out in all the original late 18th Century gear, those guys took their stuff pretty seriously & therefore were quite a fscinating lot to talk to & ask questions.

Had a most entertaining evening, hosted by Govert, the incredibly well informed & knowledgeable conspiracy theorest / philosopher (not sure if he would like this label - if you don't Govert, please correct me in a comment!).

Good food & home brew was had by all & we viewed 2 documentaries guaranteed to make you a little angry (provided you're not a blindly right winged sheep) : Iraq For Sale & Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism. Both highly recommended (by me at least!)

Speaking of blindly right winged sheep, I think 2 of the main shepherds over here are in the media - on Fox TV of course. How anyone can take the mad ramblings of people like Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity as serious journalism is beyond me! Take a look at their shows sometime & (I hope) you'll see what I mean.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with blind sheep...being a liberal whore is worse...I thought this was not going to be a political broadcast Mr Crofsky.

Anonymous said...

That wasn't politics, just common sense. Watch Hannity & O'Reilly on Fox & see what I mean, whatever your political leaning

Anonymous said...

Did they show the one about Saddam killing all his innocent people?

Anonymous said...

I just think we all need a nice cool long Coca Cola to wash our Big Macs down with.

Anonymous said...

I like the Coke ad with the Polar Bears......they are really cute

Does anyone remember the jingle for the ad that featured all the multicultual children? That was a really neat tune too

Anonymous said...

I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.........