Thursday, September 21, 2006

To Yosemite ...

17th Sept - I've been staying in Mill Valley now for over a week - & I'd like to thank Toby Reed for his generosity in allowing me the use of his apartment for that time.

The cheapest gas I've got so far - $2.55 a gallon - was just down the road from where I was staying (at a gas staion right next door to another one charging $2.79 - go figure? - great competion here, NOT like in NZ).

Was pretty hot in that part of California - heading South on the freeways. I had the needing to get a matress thing on my mind when, like a beacon in the fog I spied a Walmart. I had reached the town of Tracey. So, for a mere $34 I got an airbed + 12V air pump & I was away laughing. Finally got to the park entrance around 6.30pm. At the gate I bought an all National Parks pass for $50 - great value considering it's $20 to get into Yosemite alone.

Called into the 1st camping area I came across - Crane Flat - I parked the van in a spot (including a picnic table, fire ring & bear-proof food locker) & got set up pretty quickly...

No comments: