Saturday, September 09, 2006

Arrive San Fran Sept7th !!!



It's now Saturday the 9th & I'm in sunny Mill Valley, Marin County just a bit north across the Golden Gate Bridge. I'VE BOUGHT A CAR ALREADY (Photo to come), and ... the San Francisco fog has lifted today (out here in Marin anyway).

I was met at the Airport by my mate Adam's mate Bill, who has very kindly put me up in his apartment here in Mill Valley. There was not much sleep to be had in economy class on the flight, however I was wide awake & rearing to go by the time I walked through US Customs & immigration. Here I had both my index fingers scanned for their prints + a digital photo taken. Apart from that, nothing unusual (EXCEPT that I could not buy duty free booze as I did not do it 90 mins before my flight ... only for flights to the US)

I imagine I would have had trouble with US immigration if I answered YES to the following question on the Visa Waver entry form:
Have you ever been or are you now involved in espionage or sabotage; or in terrorist activities; or genocide; or between 1933 & 1945 were involved ... in persecutions associated with Nazi Germany ...?
I didn't have to think too hard about that one before I answered no, I wonder who would answer yes? Keep an eye on the person next to you on the plane when filling these in ... ask to change seats if they do tick yes to this, I'd suggest.
While waiting outside the airport for Bill to get his car, I saw a line afet line of the biggest SUV's I've ever seen. Dodge RAMs, Hummers, BIG Fords & GM's, even the Japanese vehicles are beefed up for the American market. It looked like a military procession, with all those tinted windows. It wasn't - they seemed to be mostly mothers with small children. Herne Bay & Ponsonby soccer moms aint got nothin on these women.

No comments: