Sunday, September 10, 2006

Driving in California Lesson#1



Phoned a truck sales yard in Princeton down on the coast (on Adam's recommendation), and they had a 1990 Ford Aerostar in good condition for $2,200. I'd never heard of it, but Bill has one & said that it was a great deal. So I hired a cheap little Toyota in Mill Valley & high-tailed it down to Princeton immediately.

When I say I high-tailed it, I actually missed a couple of exits on the freeway & ended up going alot further, but I got there in the end. The van was perfect, Steve & Anna at the car yard were nice & were also DMV dealers so all the paperwork could be done from there. So - got me a car within a day of arriving - yeehah!

Note - here on the freeway, I've experienced the most aggressive driving ever! I had to rev the shit out of the little Toyota to change lanes, as they're not big on letting you in here. Bill says it's a California thing & the drivers in rest of America are fine. Let's hope!

No comments: