Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sorted ! ... almost, + a few sights along the way


Now I have a cellphone (pay-as-you-go) & insurance for the van ($420!) + I've become an AAA member (needed for the insurance, but a good idea considering the miles I'll be doing). Just waiting for the DMV papers ...

Yesterday, after having lunch & checking out the sights on Haight I walked all the way back to the Civic Center passing through what I would call a dodgy looking neighbourhood. There were quite a few cops about in places, and at times it seemed I was the only white guy for a mile! The look of a neighbourhood can suddenly change in a couple of blocks when you walking a fair distance.

Around the town here it rivals London in the amount of people begging for change. A guy with one leg the other day had a sign that claimed he was a vietnam vet, yesterday a guy on Haight needed dollars for weed. One skinny white guy claiming he was from San Rafael accosted me yesterday and became agressive when I said no - I felt like booting him in the bollocks & telling him to f*** off, but I didn't! I gave a buck to another guy shortly after - he was alot more polite ...

There was heaps of 9.11 memorial coverage on TV & the papers ... Helen Clark was 1 of only 2 world leaders quoted in the San Fran Chronicle.

Speaking of T.V. - I've emailed Jerry Springer to see if I can get free tickets to one of his shows (the address is advertised during the show). Go Jerry! Go Jerry! ...

No comments: